Dr. Thomas Sylvester is a board-certified orthopaedic spine surgeon who completed a fellowship in spine surgery. He specializes in the comprehensive treatment of the spine, offering both non-surgical and surgical treatment options.
Dr. Sylvester received his undergraduate degree from Yale University where he also played college football. Dr. Sylvester completed his residency training in Orthopaedic Surgery at Loyola University Chicago Stritch School of Medicine. After residency, he went on to fellowship training at the University of Utah in Salt Lake City.
Dr. Sylvester considers himself a Midwesterner at heart, with ties to Wisconsin that include family in both Milwaukee and Door County. In his free time, Dr. Sylvester enjoys being active outdoors through cycling, skiing, fishing and canoeing.
The most common conditions Dr. Sylvester evaluates and treats are the following:
- Cervical Spondylotic Myelopathy
- Degenerative Disc Disease
- Degenerative Spondylolisthesis
- Herniated Disc
- Spinal Osteoarthritis
- Spinal Stenosis
- Tumors of the Spine
The most common procedures Dr. Sylvester performs are the following:
- Anterior Cervical Discectomy & Fusion
- Artificial Cervical Disc Replacement (PCM)
- Lumbar Disc Microsurgery
- Lumbar Inter-Body Fusion
- Mobi-C Cervical Disc Replacement
- Spinal Fusion
- Total Disc Replacement
- XLIF: Lateral Lumbar Interbody Fusion
- Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science, Chicago Medical School, IL
- Loyola University of Chicago, Stritch School of Medicine
- University of Utah Medical Center